Wednesday, 24 March 2010

It can't be this hard.

Hey hey, I know what you're thinking. You dirty minded little sod. No this isn't about penises. It's about comedy shows. Specifically, writing comedy shows.

If you've read my previous post you'll know I'm trying to script a 30 minute comedy podcast in a month. I had a chat last night with Matt and loads of ideas came out. I felt good.

Tonight is a different story. Stuff that had me falling about laughing last night just isn't funny today. Even then, everything seems completely separate and the conjoiners just aren't conjoining. I'm quickly falling into the "this-just-ain't-funny" phase of any comedy writing I do.

Yet the worst bit is endings. How do you end a comedy sketch?

I can't believe how hard this challenge is.

1 comment:

Mr Simpson Esq, of Morden said...

How do you end a comedy sketch? Simple - don't.