Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Homework


Every fortnight Simon Munn (a Techno Genius) and Alan Preece (a movie genius) get together with me (a fool) and record The Dead Movie Podcast. If you know nothing about The Dead End Movie Podcast then that just shows how badly I promote what I do on this blog and demonstrates why I have to try harder.

Basically, if you are a film geek then The Dead End Movie Podcast is for you. It’s as simple as that.

Anyway, I was just settling down and thinking of turning on the PS3 for some much needed abuse when I remembered that next Monday we are recording a new Dead End Movie Podcast and because someone famous has a birthday on May 14th and the show will be released on the 17th then we are spending the show discussing that person’s work.

That person is George Lucas.

Now George Lucas creates lots of mixed emotions in me. He created Star Wars which fills me with love, he created American Graffiti which made me want to be born an American and he created Jar Jar Binks which makes me want to kill him, his family, everyone he ever met and even people he didn’t meet. He created THX (good), but also movie merchandise (bad), pushed CGI (good) then abused CGI (bad). He is a man I want to cuddle but also punch.

However, I realised that some of this show will obviously be mentioning the “trilogy”. Not Star Wars, Empire and Return but Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and the other one. Trouble is, while I’ve watched Phantom Menace I’ve never been able to get through Attack of the Clones without falling asleep. Therefore, I’ve never seen the other one. I think this is to do with Hayden Christensen who I consider to be a black hole of talent. An actor so bad that he actually sucks out the talent of better actors around him. So, here I am, writing this post so it puts off the inevitable. I have to watch Attack of the Clones. I have to watch Hayden “Oak Tree” Christensen.

This is a homework assignment and I’m not happy about it.

Here goes.

No comments: